Great Plains Eye Specialistshas been providing eye care in Rapid City and the surrounding communities for over 40 years. In 2022 Colin E. Brown, MD, became the new owner of our practice, continuing our reputation for exceeding our patients’ expectations. Our entire team is dedicated to providing high-quality, technologically-advanced eye care while always striving to create positive patient experiences. We provide a variety of specialty eye care services including:
- LASIK vision correction
- LASIK alternatives (Blended Vision LASIK, PRK, EVO ICL™ and more)
- Laser-assisted cataract surgery with many Intraocular Lens (IOL) options, including advanced technology IOLs for greater spectacle independence following surgery
- Corneal disease treatment/surgery
- Eyelid surgery and medical BOTOX®
- Dry eye/allergy treatment
- Diabetic eye care
Our top priority is to provide you with the best eyesight possible. We will not approve you for any surgery unless we feel strongly that you are an excellent candidate and it will improve your quality of life. This can only be determined during a comprehensive consultation or exam. These appointments are also designed to educate you about:
- Your unique eye health
- Which surgeries might enhance your vision
- Our advanced technologies
- Our doctors’ experience, knowledge and track record of success
This is not “assembly line” eye care; this is truly personalized care before, during and after your surgery. Our entire team is with you every step of the way.
- Great Plains Eye Specialistsintroduced blade-free LASIK to Rapid City nearly/over 20 years ago. In fact, we had one of the first surgeons in the world to be licensed to use this technology.
- Great Plains Eye Specialistsis Rapid City’s only LASIK center that combines today’s most advanced VICTUS® femtosecond laser platform with the advanced Wavelight® EX500 excimer laser.
- Great Plains Eye Specialistsis the first in Rapid City and all of western South Dakota to offer laser-assisted cataract surgery using the revolutionary VICTUS femtosecond laser platform.
- We have some of the most experienced LASIK surgeons in the region, with an established reputation for producing outstanding visual results.
- Many of our own staff have had laser vision correction and this helps us understand our patients’ questions and concerns.
We welcome the opportunity to partner with you on your eye health journey! Please contact us to schedule an eye exam in Rapid City, SD, or at our satellite clinic in Pierre, SD.